No products in the cart.

Registration

Login

Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.

5

Product was successfully added to your compare list.

5

Product was successfully added to your wishlist.

5

What is an 80% receiver?


An 80% Lower Receiver is a partially completed piece of aluminum that requires simple machining/drilling of the firing pocket which holds the hammer, sear, and trigger assembly. Unlike a firearm receiver it is not required to be transferred through a Federal Firearms Licensed holder (FFL).

Do I need an FFL to make a firearm?


As long as you can legally own the firearm in the state, county and city you reside in you are allowed to manufacture a firearm for your own personal use. No serial number is required however it is suggested to engrave a serial number, model and manufacturer on your receiver in case it is lost or stolen.

All National Firearms Act (NFA) regulations apply to your firearm. You may create a short-barreled rifle out of your firearm via a BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosive) Form 1 after BATFE approval.

Recommended Tools:


Completing an 80% lower Receiver can be accomplished using a variety of methods, the most common methods require using a manual mill or a drill press. A jig is used accurately machine the remaining 20% of the receiver. The most accurate way to complete you lower is using a CNC machine.

Overview of AR-15 and AR.308 80% Receiver:


AR-15 80% Lower Receiver
The amount of parts available on the commercial market allow for an unlimited number of combinations and configurations for any gun enthusiast. Most any mil-spec based commercial product for the AR-15 will work with our 80% AR-15 Lower Receiver. The 80% AR-15 Lower Receiver is a great starting point for many calibers including, but are not limited to: .223-5.56mm, 6.8 SPC, 7.62x39mm, 5.45x39mm, 6.5 Grendel. .50 Beowulf, 9mm, .45 ACP.

NOTE: Before building a rifle for personal use, be sure that you understand your local laws regarding legal configuration of the firearm you intend to assemble.  Certain configurations and features may not be legal in the state, county or city you reside in.